Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cheap Trick Opens Global Warming Tour at the Dome

On August 8, 2012, the Tacoma Dome treated its guests to a double delight -- Aerosmith and Cheap Trick live in concert.


As the opening act for Aerosmith's Global Warming tour, Cheap Trick opened the show with "Hello There." Unfortunately, the Dome's acoustics don't do justice to Cheap Trick's energetic music. The volume was so loud that it was difficult to determine which song the band was playing. I'd prefer to see Cheap Trick at a smaller, less crowded auditorium next time. Another guest explained to me that he thought the Dome's acoustics are better than the Key Arena's. He said blaring volume is just part of Cheap Trick's style.


Originally from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Cheap Trick has been in the music industry for more than 35 years. The band includes all of its original members: Rick Nielsen, Robin Zander, Tom Petersson and Bun E. Carlos.

The last time I attended a Cheap Trick concert was in southern California in 1981. Both the band and I are considerably older. Their concert brought back happy memories.


I enjoyed Cheap Trick's performance of the old Fats Domino song, "Ain't That a Shame." It was great to hear "The Flame," "I Want You to Want Me," and "Dream Police" again. My favorite Cheap Trick song has always been "Surrender," which they performed at the conclusion of their concert.



This is Kristina and I outside of the Tacoma Dome. It's great to have a daughter who loves classic rock n roll music as much as I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment